How can I tell if i forget my tampon in my vagina? When i insert my tampon into my vagina, i feel like there is something stuck in it. I'm not sure if i took out the last one a few days ago. How can I tell if i forget my tampon in my vagina?

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: The

The first thing you can do is to check.
Place your fingers into your vagina and feel around for the tampon. If you are not comfortable doing this or still are not sure, you can always contact your doctor and they can check for you. If you think there may be a forgotten tampon in your vagina (and you would not be the first person to do this!) don't just ignore it. Bacteria can grow on a tampon left inside too long and can cause toxic shock syndrome which will make you very ill.

In brief: The

The first thing you can do is to check.
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy