Do knee problems run in the family? My mom is having a full knee done. Her brother and sister both have had it done. Is knee problems genitic? Should i worry i will have to have knee surgery in my future?

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes.

Knee problems can be genetic.
You should see a sports medicine knee specialist, who will get xrays, and can help determine if your case has a genetic connection.

In brief: Yes.

Knee problems can be genetic.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Knee

Knee problems in a sense can run in the family, based on the "carrying angle" of the knee, or the angle that our leg has when it is straight.
Some people have more of an "l" shape to their leg, and that runs in families. More angulation at the knee puts more stress on the joint.

In brief: Knee

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine