If I don't get enough sleep will it stunt my growth?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Maybe
Depends on the severity and duration of sleep deprivation.
The evidence is indirect, since sleep deprivation affects growth hormone levels, and other growth related hormones. No study involving depriving children of sleep in order to prove an effect on growth will ever be done.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dentistry
In brief: Maybe
Human growth hormone (hgh) is particularly released during delta phase of sleep, the deepest sleep level.
In an adult, hgh is involved in many pathways involved in maximum tissue and organ performance and minimizes age related breakdown. Remember, it is not necessarily total sleep time but more so the quality and level of delta sleep levels that may be at play.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Peter Kurzweil