How long is recovery time for an grade 3a tear, anterior horn, lateral meniscus. And do I need surgery.

Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes I would consider

Surgery the tear will not fix itself.
Recovery depends on whether it is repaired or resected. If it is repaired (usually if you are young 25 or so and under) them recovery can be 6-8 weeks. If it is resected 2-3 weeks.

In brief: Yes I would consider

Surgery the tear will not fix itself.
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Recovery time varies

Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, smoker or not, blood sugar control, surgery or no surgery, the exact type of procedure, and post-operative and follow up care.
Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you.

In brief: Recovery time varies

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine