I have a TSH level of .37. I feel fatiqued a lot and also i gained 30-40 lbs within 2-3 months. Is this TSH level normal? 1 doctor told me it was under the normal range and the other told me otherwise.

Dr. Robert Rahimi
Internal Medicine - Hepatology

In brief: Prior

Prior to answering your question, avvo's terms of use state, "such information should be used only as a starting point for addressing your medical issues.
It is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should not disregard medical advice from your doctor, or avoid obtaining medical care, due to any health information you obtain on the site." usually TSH levels have different ranges of normal from different laboratories, however the normal range is usually written in parenthesis next to the actual lab test result. This being said, your TSH level in general would fall outside the "normal" range for most lab centers running the test, however it is the free T3 (liothyronine) and free T4 that exert their activity at organs and tissues, hence if these labs are in the normal range, one might consider your overall test "normal" (that is probably why one physician told you that your tests were normal and the other told you otherwise). You should repeat all 3 of these tests as 3 months have passed by and you are symptomatic. There are other lab tests and imaging that can be done, however i would discuss this with your physician. Also, these lab tests can be directly influenced by medications so i would check with your physician regarding the discussion above.

In brief: Prior

Dr. Robert Rahimi
Dr. Robert Rahimi
Dr. William Forsythe