Do I have the flu or a common cold? My symptoms are : cough, sneezing, chills, vomiting, hurting stomach, hard to breath without coughing, headache, had a fever, runny nose

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Illness

No way to know for sure without actually testing you but with a fever and other symptoms, it could be the flu.

In brief: Illness

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: The

The most common symptoms of flu according to the center for disease control are: -fever (usually high) -headache -nausea, vomiting or diarrhea -fatigue -sore throat -runny nose or congestion -cough -body aches unfortunately, it is difficult to diagnose the flu versus another virus based on symptoms alone since many other illnesses can cause similar symptoms.
Give your doctor a call. They may be able to test you for the flu. In the meantime, get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids. Good luck!

In brief: The

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Peter Kurzweil