What can be done for painful swelling under eye that had orbital fracure 30 yrs ago. Have had MRI and tests. No answers. An opthamologist said he would operate if i wanted, but might give me double vision. The pain feels like a buildup of fluid. One d

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Orbital pain

If there is no specific cause noted on the mri, I am not sure what surgery can be performed.
I would avoid surgery and see a pain specialist.

In brief: Orbital pain

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: I

I would consider a ct scan.
Mri is great for soft tissue but poor for bone. The ct may shed light on the old fracture and any associated hardware or implants. 30 years ago, silicone sheets were popular for fracture repair around the eyes...Less so today. These sheets are known to cause fluid/cyst formation. The "chocolate" cyst formation is relatively easy to remove with little risk of double vision. I suggest you find an oculoplastic (oculofacial plastic) surgeon since this is a common procedure performed by most. You can find one in your area at www.Asoprs.Org hope that helps.

In brief: I

I would consider a ct scan.
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Eric Weisman