Is melanoma detection more difficult after a mid-face lift? I have had melanoma removed from my left cheek from a cancerous mole. I still visit the dermatologist yearly to check the moles on my face. Would this rule me out as a candidate for getting a mid

No. This history does not rule you out from undergoing a mid-face lift.
Midface lift. Having had melanoma does not preclude you from undergoing cosmetic surgery. However, if you had a wide and deep excision a melanoma with a complicated closure, it may complicate your procedure. Be sure to seek the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon.
No. Don't worry. It does not affect malignancy detection.
No. As long as you are fully healed and cleared by your dermatologist a history of melanoma should not prevent you from undergoing a facelift. In fact, i reviewed a large series of my facelift patients who had surgery after surgery or radiation therapy for a variety of head and neck cancers and there were no greater risks for surgery in these patients.
A . A midface lift is typically done in a deep plan such that it wouldn't disrupt your skin and ability for your dermatologist to screen you for melanoma recurrence. One consideration is that the initial melanoma resection may have lead to deeper scarring which may complicate a midface lift. Other methods to create a lift of the cheek area is to restore lost facial volume in the area. This can be done using your own fat using a facial fat grafting technique. Another option is a skin filler treatment in the office with a product such as radiesse, restylane, (dermal fillers) or juvederm.
It can. Check first with you dermatologist. I would be reluctant to operate on an area previously treated for melanoma until the individual was disease-free for at least 5 years. If your dermatologist gives you his or her blessing, ask them what routine testing they would expect to perform to safely monitory you.
Make surgeon aware. Of your prior medical history so that they can assess the effect of one upon the other. However, if sufficient time has passed for the scar to mature, I do not see a contraindication to surgery.
No. Shouldn't. Face lifting moves the skin and deeper tissues to a more youthful position. Melanoma detection relies on examination of the surface of the skin.