How long do I have to be sleep deprived before it shows effects on my immune system?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Chronic just as bad
Sleep deprivation definitely affects the immune system. Chronic sleep deprivation (insomnia, sleep apnea, etc.
) definitely affects the immune system.

In brief: Chronic just as bad
) definitely affects the immune system.
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Acute sleep deprivation can lead to psychosis, albeit temporary, but they look like schizophrenic psychoses or an acute manic psychosis. People with chronic psychoses do have some immune system degradation. I wonder of the acute pschoses do as well? I know of no such studies but would like to know if anyone has seen such reports or studies?
Pathology
In brief: Other systems
Sleep deprivation is likely to affect other functions before it impairs the immune system. Do not try to gauge the amount of sleep needed by your immune system as it is not easy to test quantitaviely.

In brief: Other systems
In brief: Uncertain, unknown?
A body that is very fatigued, due to a lack of sleep, excess stress, being overworked, etc.
.., may get sick more easily. This concept is difficult to prove. Maybe a person's internal biological rhythm is disrupted, leading to changes in one's natural cortisol levels, which will alter one's immune system functioning and change the ways his body responds to additional stress.

In brief: Uncertain, unknown?
Dr. Peter Kurzweil