Is finasteride safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?

In brief: No

Finasteride is absolutely contraindicated in pregnancy due to its ability to interfere with sex organ development in the fetus.
I doubt we have data in breastfeeding, as its mostly a drug used in older men. I would avoid it. I'm interested to know what the indication would be for a pregnant woman to need to use finasteride, or even to have an interest in using it.

In brief: No

Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: ABSOLUTELY NOT

There re multiple package warnings advising against intake as well as exposure to Finasteride during pregnancy due to possible concerns with birth defects.

In brief: ABSOLUTELY NOT

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham