I've been on birth control for a month and still have not got my period and pregnetancy test was negitive what's wrong with me im on the sugar pills now

Sometimes . Sometimes the birth control pill can effect the period, especially initially. However, to be sure, please take a pregnancy test two days after the last test you took. If you still haven't had your period, then please see your care provider.
Menstrual . Menstrual bleeding requires hormone stimulation/preparation of the uterine lining (endometrium), a uterus with an endometrial lining and an open pathway for the blood and tissue to come out. You can be completely in menopause and still bleed from the uterus with correct hormone preparation. The endometrium requires estrogen stimulation followed by Progesterone stimulation and finally withdrawal of both hormones to have normal menstrual bleeding. You have those hormones produced in a natural menstrual cycle but providing you the same hormones as medications supplements will cause the same bleeding. Most birth control pills contain both estrogen and Progesterone hormones. Usually the bcp pack contains 21 active hormone pills and then 7 inactive (placebo) pills, so that your uterus sheds its lining during the placebo pills. The amount and type of estrogen and Progesterone vary by bcp brand. Some bcp brands are more likely to have little or no bleeding during the placebo pills. Bleeding is not necessary to achieve the contraception effect of the pills. Some women like the pills that lead to little or no bleeding while other women prefer the menstrual periods because the bleeding seems more natural. The bcp is used for many reasons beside birth control. For example, women who do not have natural menstrual bleeding may have a hormone disorder like polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos). The bcp can be a great medication to correct the problems that arise from abnormal menstrual cycles. Some women have very severe menstrual cramps and the bcp can prevent the pain or make it tolerable by preventing ovulation and the hormones the cause cramps. If you are not pregnant and you do not have a blockage preventing the menstrual blood from coming out, then the bleeding is not necessary. If you were pregnant then the pregnancy test should be positive by 11-12 days after ovulation. Even the length of time can be misleading because we do not know if or when you ovulated and perhaps you are pregnant but not as far along as you think. Your doctor can ask you some other questions that may help understand whether to perform other tests looking for a blockage that is preventing bleeding or whether you may have other hormone disorders. You may resume bleeding in the next couple of months on the same pill. See your doctor for tests so that you can stop worrying. Good luck.