Is it possible to have skin removal surgery on my neck and my stomach area at the same time? I want skin removal surgery for the folds of sagging skin on my neck and flabby loose skin on my abdomen (i've had three children). Is it usual to have two areas

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: There

There are plastic surgeons who will perform more than one surgery at a time.
You would need a complete medical evaluation by your internal medicine physician first to be sure that you don't have any concerning medical conditions. Then your plastic surgeon can discuss the risks with you. Any time that you perform more than one surgery at a time, it does increase the surgery time and the surgery risk.

In brief: There

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Lawrence Colen
It sounds like you might need both a "facelift" and a "tummy tuck." Depending upon exactly how much needs to be done, it would not be uncommon for plastic surgeons to perform these procedures separately while others would consider combining the two.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

Direct neck skin excision could be a good option for men of certain age.
If you are healthy enough you can have both surgeries combined.

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Janet Turkle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not uncommon

Loose skin in more than one area is not unusual.
Child bearing, weight loss and normal aging all contribute to skin relaxation. Whether both areas should be treated simultaneously needs to be reviewed by a plastic surgeon.

In brief: Not uncommon

Dr. Janet Turkle
Dr. Janet Turkle
Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes and No.

Yes, is it possible to have skin removal surgery on your neck and my stomach area at the same time, and no it is not usual to have two areas.
I performed a facelift and tummy tuck combination two weeks ago. The most important part is finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, who has experience with both procedures. Be certain to check their credentials.

In brief: Yes and No.

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes but recovery

May be slightly more difficult and the combination off procedures may not be preferred by your surgeon because the bent over position and coughing following a tummy tuck may lead to an increase of venous congestion of your head and neck leading to increased risk of bleeding or bruising.

In brief: Yes but recovery

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Shontae Buffington