How many procedures or ear surgeries are needed to repair my torn earlobes? I wear my hair down and now i resort to clip on earrings because the holes in my earlobes are so badly torn from years of heavy earrings. The holes are long (about a quarter of an

Dr. Louis Reznick

In brief: You

You are upset about the appearance of your earlobes & they can be repaired by cosmetic surgery easily.
The number of operations depends on how many of these tears you have. Having your earlobes repaired can give you more confidence in yourself & freedom from trying to cover up this problem. Even if it takes multiple procedures over time it's worth the peace of mind that follows.

In brief: You

Dr. Louis Reznick
Dr. Louis Reznick
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Stretched

Stretched ear piercings like you describe can be repaired.
It typically involves an office procedure with a local numbing injection. Both ears can be done at the same visit if you want. The process of repair most typically involves excising the current hole and tract and closing the hole completely. Once the area heals the ear can be repierced if you want. If the ear lobes themselves are also stretched this can be fixed at the same time.

In brief: Stretched

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Toby G. Mayer
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Earlobe

Earlobe tears are repaired in one surgery.
The surgeon should do a z plasty to prevent recurrence.

In brief: Earlobe

Dr. Toby G. Mayer
Dr. Toby G. Mayer
Dr. Thomas Benda
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Yes,

Yes, this can be repaired with a fairly simple procedure.
It is considered cosmetic, so health insurance would not cover the surgery. The surgery is generally done under local anesthetic in the doctors office, usually in what we call the surgical suite. There are a few different ways this can be done, but in general the healed edges are removed and then sewn together. Sometimes this is done so that a healed hole is left behind for wearing ear rings, sometimes the doctor will recommend repiercing the ears after it has totally healed.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Thomas Benda
Dr. Thomas Benda