What would cause me to urinate blood? I have had colonoscopy......A few years ago.No immediate threats then.

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Bladder infection

Or a kidney stone or other infection in your urinary system. Also tumors of the kidney or bladder can cause hematuria.
You need to see your pcp and have a urine culture done. If negative need to see a urologist.

In brief: Bladder infection

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Brian Lane
Have a urine test with your doctor. If there is blood without an infection, see a urologist. If an infection is present, repeat the urine test after treatment to confirm that the bleeding is no longer present.
Dr. Lauren Stegman
Radiation Oncology

In brief: There

There are multiple causes of visible blood in the urine, but one of the most common is a cancer.
This needs to be checked by a urologist without delay.

In brief: There

Dr. Lauren Stegman
Dr. Lauren Stegman
Dr. William Forsythe