How do I know if i'm suffering from depression? I feel sad, anxious, and lonely. Can't sleep well, it takes me forever to fall asleep and i wake up in the middle of my sleep. I cry for no reason and feel like no one understands.

Dr. Leslie Howell

In brief: Depression symptoms

Symptoms of depression include: a loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy, difficulty concentrating, change in sleep and/or appetite, fatigue, feelings of hopelessness, sadness, poor motivation, irritabiliy and an impaired ability to function.
It is best to see a psychiatrist for an evaluation. Medical causes should also be ruled out to obtain an accurate diagnosis.

In brief: Depression symptoms

Dr. Leslie Howell
Dr. Leslie Howell
Dr. Marina Doulova

In brief: The

The symptoms you described could be part of the depression.
Depression is a suffering experience for most people. Here common symptoms of depression: 1. Depressed mood most of the day, nearly every day (e.g., feels sad or empty) or observation made by others 2. Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in all. 3. Significant weight loss when not dieting or decrease or increase in appetite nearly every day. 4. Insomnia or hypersomnia nearly every day 5. Psychomotor agitation or retardation nearly every day ( restlessness or being slowed down) 6. Fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day 7. Feelings of worthlessness or excessive or inappropriate guilt nearly every day (guilt about being sick) 8. Diminished ability to think or concentrate, or indecisiveness, nearly every day. 9. Recurrent thoughts of death, recurrent suicidal ideation without a specific plan, or a suicide attempt or a specific plan for committing suicide the symptoms can cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas. A. Five (or more) of the following symptoms have been present during the same 2-week period and represent a change from previous functioning; at least one of the symptoms is either depressed mood or loss of interest or pleasure. If you experience some of these symptoms, do not wait until your symptoms will get worse, look for the appropriate professional help. The earlier determination and treatment, the better the outcomes.

In brief: The

Dr. Marina Doulova
Dr. Marina Doulova
Dr. Cindy Juster