Can I prevent swelling of my feet and legs when I travel long distances? I am perimenopausal, have hypothyroidism and high blood pressure.

Yes. Or at least you can limit the swelling. Keep your legs propped up if possible when sitting. Also use compression stockings on both legs. You may want to talk to your doctor about diuretic.
Sure. Compression hose helps, getting up and moving around on plain, elevation and not taking off your shoes.
Your . Your specific combination of health problems make it very difficult to answer your precise question. In general though, swelling in the feet can be improved while traveling by avoiding salty foods and snacks, pumping your lower legs periodically, stopping periodically and getting up to walk a little, and wearing stockings with more support.