I have been bleeding when i poop and gaining a lot of weight what could be causing this? I only poop maybe once or twice a week, i've been gaining weight and having loss of appetite. They have tested my thyroid and my potassium and calcium etc through blo

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Bleeding

Bleeding when you have a bowel movement is concerning, and it sounds like your symptoms are ongoing.
I am glad that you have had a medical evaluation and a scope. I am assuming you mean a colonoscopy (from the bottom), which would be a test you must have. Did your doctor check for an anal fissure or hemorrhoids? You could try taking a stool softener like colace, (docusate sodium) but as your symptoms have persisted please be rechecked. If you have pain, increased bleeding, feel light-headed, or vomiting, then you must be seen as an emergency.

In brief: Bleeding

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Steven Seres