Ringing in ears? I recently separated out of the military and when its all quiet I hear a sound that sounds like a tv is on but with no volume. I don't know if that makes sense but I guess the best way I can think of explaining it is the electronic waves

You. You probably have some hearing loss from noise exposure which has caused the tinnitus (ringing in the ears). The problem starts in the brain. The best treatment is sound therapy. You may want to try this: http://www. Beyondtinnitus. Com - it's a web-based system to deliver customized sound that you can download and listen to on an mp3 player. You can also mix music with your therapy sound. Listening to these sounds over time will reduce the perception of the ringing. Good luck!
Service. Service in the military often exposes our uniformed men and women to noise from gun fire, explosive blasts, and other loud sounds that can result in damage to our hearing. One of the resulting symptoms, tinnitis (pronouced 'tin'-'it'-'us' or 'tin'-'i'-'tis') is the perception of sound within the ear in the absence of corresponding external sound. Tinnitus can be perceived in one or both ears or in the head. It is usually described as a ringing noise, but in some patients it takes the form of a high pitched whining, electric, buzzing, hissing, screaming, humming, tinging or whistling sound, or as ticking, clicking, roaring, "crickets" or "tree frogs" or "locusts", tunes, songs, beeping, or even a pure steady tone like that heard during a hearing test. It has also been described as a "wooshing" sound, as of wind or waves. Tinnitus is not a disease, but a symptom that can result from a wide range of underlying causes. Noise exposure and/or the resulting tinnitus is always investigated by starting with a hearing test to find out if there is any damage to the inner ear. Damage due to noise exposure first affects the high pitched tones, the reason why tinnitus is usually a high pitched sound. I would start with a hearing evaluation for ringing in the ears at your ENT to find out what the next step would be.