What can I do to help prevent severe panic-terror attacks now that I have not been prescribed sedatives in over a year? I have severe terror-type panic attacks that I cannot control on my own. I lost my psychiatrist last october because I moved to a diff

Cognitive therapy. But you will need a therapist to guide you thru this. It will do you better than rx meds that ultimately become addictive or you get dependent on it psychologically.
In . In short you need to find a psychiatrist that can help you deal with your panic-terror attacks. No one should have to suffer as a result of them. A psychiatrist will be able to tailor a treatment plan that works for you. If cost is an issue you can research county mental health programs, these are usually low to no cost. If the attacks get worse and you are unable to bear them, you should present to your local emergency room. Best of luck.