Longarm cast removed 1 week ago for a distal radial and distal ulnar fracture & im having achy elboy pain should I be concerned? I had the cast on for three weeks and have been out of it for one week today just wearing a brace for wrist support. My doctor

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Normal

Stiffness after being in a long arm cast is a normal finding, especially in adults.
If you are seeing an occupational therapist/hand therapist for you wrist, they will be able to help with the elbow as well. If not, normal daily activities should help decrease the stiffness over time. Best of luck!

In brief: Normal

Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Lac ca

Very common for elbow to have pain especially after coming out of a long arm cast which was used to treat both bone forearm fracture.
Try warm compresses for short periods of time.Check with treating dr if it doesn't begin to subside.

In brief: Lac ca

Dr. Rick Pospisil
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Stiffness

Stiffness can cause some discomfort after a long arm cast is removed, usually this resolves, however if it is persistant, as you say it is, you should contact your physician.
While there can be other problems and injuries that can lead to elbow issues the doctor who put on or took off your cast is really the one you should be talking to.

In brief: Stiffness

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine