What could be the cause of a stopped up milk duct 24 years after breast feeding? I am a 44 year old female who hasn't breast fed in 14 years and had a hystorectomy about 8-10 years ago. Two days ago my right breast was extremely sore. Upon examination a m

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: It

It sounds like you may be dealing with an infection, and what looked like milk to you may have been pus.
It is not uncommon for women to experience a nipple abscess at any age. I suggest you schedule a visit with your primary care provider. After a history an exam, a diagnosis can be made. If it is infectious, then appropriate antibiotics will be started. Good luck.

In brief: It

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey