I have a constant pain in my left side. It hurts deep through my back. Its worse if I burp or breath in I thought maybe it was gas or a bowl mivement but its been in the same area for 3 days. It does feel a little better if I don't move around or walk to m

Pain . Pain in this area is very tricky since there are many organ systems involving the left abdomen/side. - stomach - problems such as gastroesophageal reflux, gastritis, and stomach ulcers can cause pain in these areas - usually worse with eating and worse while laying down - pancreas - pancreatitis, pancreatic stones/blockages can cause epigastric pain, sometimes radiating to the back - intestinal - duodenal ulcers, infections and constipation can cause pain there because the colon loops up into that area - kidney - kidney stones or infections can cause pain in the left upper quadrant, though many people feel it in their backs. - gyne - ovarian pain from a cyst or even an infection from a sexually transmitted disease can cause pain in the left upper quadrant. And all those are just a few of the things that could be going on. So, your best option is to be seen by a doctor and examined to determine the cause of your pain. Reasons to go to the er are: - high fever - bloody stool - bright green or bloody vomit - severe or worsening pain - difficulty breathing.