Have a question about thyroid issues... I need a dr that will help me I am 32 white female pretty healthy, hardly ever sick except for allergies... I have been diagnosed with depression since 02, currently on Prozac 20mg... I talked to my dr about my thyr

Dr. Elizabeth Lyster

In brief: Most

Most doctors are taught that lab results that are in the "reference range" are all normal, even when people don't feel well.
This is very important, especially regarding thyroid labs. It is not "normal" to be in the lower end of the ranges, and a TSH over 2.0 usually means sluggish thyroid function, even though the "normal" range goes up to 4.5 or 5. You have many symptoms of low thyroid, including the depression, difficulty losing weight, brain fog, and menstrual issues. You need a doctor who will run a thorough panel of thyroid tests, who will interpret the results correctly in light of your symptoms, and be able to prescribe effective treatment. Other testing may also shed light on how you are feeling, including hormone levels, vitamin levels, and adrenal tests. A comprehensive approach is the most likely to help you feel like yourself again. See www.Holtorfmed.Com for more information.

In brief: Most

Dr. Elizabeth Lyster
Dr. Elizabeth Lyster
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Endocrinologist

You need to see an endocrinologist to get appropriate care.

In brief: Endocrinologist

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Adam Levy