My 10 day old child's nose is congested what should I do? She is 10 days old and a little congested. She isn't running a fever and nothing else seems to be wrong. She has started to eat a little less though. Is there anything I can do to relieve the conge

Reflux. Babies must breathe through their nose. If I had to bet the baby is having silent acid reflux that is burning her nose. Using 1-2 drops of nonmedicated nasal saline drops for babies after each feeding can help. Are you breastfeeding? Try going on a dairy free diet yourself. On formula? Ask your doctor about switching to soy or elemental formula. For any infant breathing issues call your md.
? irritants? The first months are troubled by narrow nasal passages & exposure to dust, fragrances, smoke & other irritants. Baby tries to flush these out of the nose with mucous but this often ends as congestion & produces rattling with breathing. The best rx is washing out the nose with saline & suctioning the remainder. Eliminate irritants from babies environment & this will happen less.
The. The best methods for treating congestion in an infant are saline nasal drops, nasal suctioning with a bulb syringe and a cool or warm mist humidifier. There are no safe cough or cold medications for children under 4 years of age. If your child seems to be having difficulty breathing, call their doctor right away. Anytime a child has difficulty breathing (respiratory distress), they need immediate medical attention. The signs of respiratory distress are: -rapid breathing (more than 60 times a minute) -grunting or gasping with breathing -flaring of the nostrils -working hard and using extra muscles to breathe such as sucking in at the neck or under the rib cage -blue or dusky coloring -change in speech or level of alertness if your child has any of these symptoms, you need to either call 911, take them to the emergency room or call your child's doctor depending on the severity of the situation.