How likely, are the risks of septoplasty surgery and healing time? What i'm afraid of is a rebound affect with my sinuses after surgery. I don't want to piss of my turbinites and have them come back worse than it is and worry about a follow up surgery to

Dr. Jeffrey Israel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Many

Many times septoplasty is all that is needed to correct nasal obstruction.
Perhaps 1/2 or my patients also suffer from rhinitis. If we have not made headway with nasal steroid sprays, then i will discuss the need for resection of the bony part of the lower turbinates. This is a simple and quick way to open the nasal passage even further. This procedure will not eliminate allergies or other causes of rhinitis butter will open then airway for improved breathing. As far as smelling the tg dinner goes, as long as there are no other reasons for loss of smell ie polyps, a mass, or anosmia to mention a few, surgery this week may help for next week. As always your ENT doc will discuss all of these things with you.

In brief: Many

Dr. Jeffrey Israel
Dr. Jeffrey Israel
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: In

In experienced hands septoplasty surgery is quite safe with uncommon complications.
It is pretty uncommon for otherwise normal turbinates to become permanently affected from post-septoplasty swelling. The turbintes can be addressed at the same time as septal surgery if they have a pre-existing enlargement that isn't corrected with rhinitis medications.

In brief: In

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Keegan Duchicela