My stool is dark green and has been for 4 days now... Why? 3 days ago i went to the rest room and my stool was dark green.. And this makes the 4th day.. Now the water is turning green when i go.. Im getting worried .. Please help.. What is causing this an

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Good

Good news! the only stool colors we get really concerned about are red (blood from colon), black (blood from small intestine or stomach), or white (liver is not working well).
Colors such as brown, yellow, orange, green, even blue (blue kool-aid or blueberries) or purple (beets) can all be normal and usually associated with diet. If you have a persistent change in your stool habits, you should contact your physician since this could be a sign of an underlying disorder. They may want to do an exam, stool studies, and possibly blood tests to look for infection or other signs of disease.

In brief: Good

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Steven Seres