Will it take more than one laser acne scar treatment to diminish the scars on my face? I am in my late twenties and still have acne scarring left on my face. I want to start having laser treatments done, and I am pretty sure it will take more than one acn

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Usually more thn one

It usually takes more than one treatment and more than one type of laser in order to accomplish optimum improvement.

In brief: Usually more thn one

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Nasrin Mani
Dermatology

In brief: Acne

Acne scars represent tissue loss so you have some serious collagen rebuilding to consider. Multiple treatments are required to achieve a smoother complexion because each treatment causes your collagen producing mechanism to activate.
The results are cumulative. It is wise that you are attending to scars earlier rather than later as your youthful "collagen factory" works much better in your younger years. Depending on the severity of your scars, depth and also your ethnicity, you should expect to engage in 4 or more treatments. Ethnicity factors in because darker skin types tend to react to laser treatments with unwanted pigmentation, so your treatment energy levels are someones required to be a bit lower to avoid or minimize that complication.

In brief: Acne

Dr. Nasrin Mani
Dr. Nasrin Mani