Does the laser used in laser liposuction make the procedure more effective? I would like to know exactly how is laser liposuction different from the regular liposuction that I've had performed in the past on the back of my legs. Does the new technology ha

No. It does not make it more effective. The only advantage is that it can be done with a bit of heat creating a possibility for skin tightening. However, there is a risk of burning the skin from inside. It is good for small areas. But it is a catchy name for patients. The device is as smart as the physician using it.
Yes and no. Laser lipo uses laser energy to melt fat then it is removed with a standard lipo vanilla. Traditional liposuction tears the fat out as the suction is applied. Very good to small discrete areas.
Be . Be careful about believing all the hype about laser liposuction. The promised "tightening and less bruising " that the laser is expected to deliver is rarely anything to brag about and it is more of an effective as a marketing tool to get your business than a surgical tool. I've used laser, ultrasound, powered and traditional liposuction and have been able to achieve the same results with all of them. The traditional liposuction takes more effort and work on the surgeon part. The laser liposuction also has a risk of burning and some bad burns have been known to occur. An good liposuction surgeon can achieve great results with or without the laser technology.