I believe I have shingles. The rash appeared yesterday and is blistering today. Can I wait until morning to visit a walk in cl or should I go to an ER tonight? Female, 51 yrs, high level of daily stress

Not an emergency. Save money and see doc in am. Treatment not urgent, but should not wait for more than a day. Stress not likely related but commonly reported. Can take anti inflammatories and tylenol (acetaminophen).
Shingles. Shingles is caused by a reactivation of the chicken pox virus. If your rash is unilateral (on one side) in a linear or grouped fashion, this may be the diagnosis. Often, it will start with tingling, prickly sensation, or slight pain and then red bumps and blisters will form. They will crust over after about a week and then slowly heal. The sooner you get the treatment started, the better. The longer you wait, the more protracted and more severe your shingles might become. It would also be wise to make sure that is truly what you have, so I would probably go to an urgent care tonight or in the am so that you can get a good diagnosis and treatment started if necessary. Also, if your shingles is anywhere on the face (near the eye or ear or nose) or in the groin, buttock area it can sometimes cause other problems that need to be addressed more promptly.