I have a serious prostate and bladder infection. Have been on antibiotics for five months and no relief. I take multaq which limits the antibiotics i can take. Has systoscope this week and cat scan. Dr said he saw infection in my entire urinary tract.

In brief: Question?

I'm sorry, you've explained the situation, but what exactly is your question?

In brief: Question?

Dr. Alfred Parkhill Hand
Dr. Alfred Parkhill Hand
Dr. Tonya Kozminski
Your question isn't clear but if u r asking if it is "normal?" Severe prostatitis often can take several month to resolve, if u have other medical issues they may hinder that healing. Good luck & try not to be too frustrated.
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: That

That is concerning that you have had the infection that long.
I am very glad that you had a cystoscope and a ct scan. Your situation is unusual and there are no easy answers to clear up the infection. It is appropriate that you are under the care of a urologist. Please continue to ask your urologist any quesitons you have. One new test that can be performed (and you may have already had this ) is a urovysion test on the urine. It sounds like your doctor is performing the appropriate and necessary testing.

In brief: That

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Jane Van Dis