Would a breast reduction improve my posture? I've only heard positive things about breast reduction surgery, but i'm nervous about any surgery. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth having the procedure for back pain and long-term improvements in my p

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Possibly.

An “ideal” patient for breast reduction surgery is one who presents with relatively large breasts in proportion to the remainder of her torso.
These patients often present with neck, back, shoulder discomfort, bra strap grooving, postural changes, and occasionally with rashes/infections. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

In brief: Possibly.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It may

There are a number of reasons for posture problems.
You should be examined by a plastic surgeon who is aware of your concers.

In brief: It may

Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast reduction

Breast reduction can be a terrific procedure.
Depending on how big your breasts are now, you may have tremendous relief from back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, bra strap grooving, breast pain and posture. It is better to do it sooner rather than later to avoid long term sequelae.

In brief: Breast reduction

Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Under

Under the right set of circumstances breat reduction surgery is a very good procedure.
I have never heard a single woman say she is sorry she had it done.

In brief: Under

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery