Why would i be coughing up blood? Its an everyday thing happens mostly in the morning along with my daily smokers hack

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Coughing

Coughing up blood is not a good sign.
The fact that you are a smoker makes this more worrisome. Lung or throat cancer can cause these symptoms, as well as certain infections like tuberculosis or bronchitis. You need to be evaluated asap by your primary care provider for diagnosis and treatment as indicated. Best of luck.

In brief: Coughing

Coughing up blood is not a good sign.
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: See your doctor

Coughing up blood is always a symptom that must be evaluated.
It can be a severe bronchitis, pneumonia, a pulmonary embolus (blood clot to the lungs) or cancer. Since you are a smoker, al of these become more likely. You need to stop smoking, preferably yesterday. I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious, and i really hope that you can use the motivation to quit smoking permanently.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine