Is liposuction a good option for me right now? I am within a normal weight range for my height, but i would like to remove some of the excess fat in my abdomen. I’m not yet 35, and want some results and a flat stomach through liposuction. .

Dr. Adam Hamawy
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Liposuction

Liposuction is a great option for people who are normal weight and wish to remove fat from some "stubborn" areas.
It is a body contouring procedure and not a weight loss procedure. To get the best results you should not have extra skin or a lot of stretch marks in the area. If that is the case, then you should also consider a tummy tuck.

In brief: Liposuction

Dr. Adam Hamawy
Dr. Adam Hamawy
Dr. Jeffrey Kyllo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Ther

Ther are a couple of questions to ask prior to knowing how good of a candidate you are for liposuction.
If you have had any children it is possible that you would be a better candidate for a tummy tuck because of the possibility of skin laxity. If you have not had children then you are likely an excellent candidate. The same applies if you have previously been overweight. Abdominal liposuction is a very good procedure for the best candidates and has a fairly short recovery time. You should be able to return to work within a few days and be able to resume normal physical activity in 2-3 weeks.

In brief: Ther

Dr. Jeffrey Kyllo
Dr. Jeffrey Kyllo
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It

It is important to remember that liposuction will only remove excess fatty tissue.
It will not remove loose skin or tighten muscles.If you have weak muscles and your abdomen bulges out you may need exercise or a formal tummy tuck to correct this.

In brief: It

Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Liposuction

Liposuction could be a great option for you as long as the excess tissue is truly only fatty tissue and you are a normal weight for your height.
Maintaining your proper weight following liposuction can maintain the results. It's important to be evaluated and treated by a plastic surgeon who performs liposuction in order to have optimal results.

In brief: Liposuction

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh