Should i go to urgent care or er? I had reconstructive surgery on my left knee in 2005 , last sat. I went up an down a lot of stairs . Now the area just below the knee cap where they screwed on the ACL is swollen n very painful , knee cap seems loose now

Dr. John Mancoll
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Call your doctor

Just call your surgeon. The er will be guessing to.

In brief: Call your doctor

Dr. John Mancoll
Dr. John Mancoll
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: You

You may have accumulated fluid in your knee therefore the feeling of looseness to the knee cap.
Your joint should be aspirated and fluid sent for analysis to rule out the possibilty of an infection. If your nearest urgent care has a lab next to it and can do the readings real time you may go there. Otherwise you are better off going to the er where an orthopedist may be called in if needed.

In brief: You

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine