Can I train myself to breathe through my nose instead of my mouth?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Yes but hard

If you are a habitual mouth breather..
. It is likely you have nasal obstruction... A deviated septum/enlarged turbinates or an enlarged adenoid...

In brief: Yes but hard

If you are a habitual mouth breather..
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Ofer Jacobowitz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

I agree with dr melder that an examination is important to identify obstructions.
In addition, narrowed facial bones may contribute to mouth breathing. Make sure nasal inflammation such as that caused by allergies is treated. To promote nasal breathing, perhaps oral exercises to improve muscle tone, similar to those used in speech therapy, may help.

Dr. Ofer Jacobowitz
Dr. Ofer Jacobowitz
Dr. Steven Seres