I just do not no what to do I feel like I am about to have a break down my mother just passed away i also went to the dr and he told me I have cancer I am haveing a very hard time dealing with it all

In brief: Oh

Oh my goodness, my deepest sympathies.
Anyone with your circumstances would feel overwhelmed and would have a very hard time dealing with it all. You are dealing with two of the most difficult stressors life can present. Although you haven't specified, many times people in these situations with even just one of these stressors will start to feel depressed, anxious, have difficulty sleeping, or have other such symptoms, which all have a snowball effect. While medications can help treat the symptoms, they do not help cope with the underlying cause. It can be quite beneficial to talk to a counselor. It is pertinent to find someone that is well-qualified. It can also be helpful to find support groups with people who are going through the same types of (tremendous) stress and understand and will listen and support you. I am so sorry to hear of all this. It is overwhelming for people to hear as you will see when you try to tell them. They try to make it better, or solve it for you, etc. So obviously, to go through it is in fact very overwhelming and everyone needs others to share the burden. You may find the best approach is to use medication to help the symptoms, but to seek professional help and support groups to help cope.

In brief: Oh

Oh my goodness, my deepest sympathies.
Dr. Stacie Lauro-Berlowitz
Dr. Stacie Lauro-Berlowitz
Dr. Arnon Rubin