I have had sinus infection/cold symptoms for a couple weeks - went to my dr. This week and he prescribed augmentin and zyrtec. I am taking the augmentin but took zyrtec one time and felt quite restless and stopped. Dr. Never listened to my chest and gave

Call your doctor. Call the doctor and ask to speak with him about the side effects. He/she might switch to something else or tell you to stop altogether. Maybe the combination of the two was the problem.
Your . Your doctor probably felt that some of your symptoms were caused by allergies, which in turn can result in cough, hence the zyrtec. Allergies often cause post nasal drip, which in turn can cause cough. It is not uncommon to have side effects from zyrtec as you described, so stopping it was the right thing to do. It wont hurt to try another anti-histamine like alavert or claritin. On the other hand , Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) usually takes about 10-14 days to work when dealing with a sinus infection, if not then something like a z-pack may be necessary, however you will need to be re-evaluated by your doctor in order to make this determination. Good luck.