I have a bump by my vagina but not close close to it how concerned should I be about it ? It doesn't hurt a lot but only a little bit .

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: That

That could be several different things.
Sometimes, if a patient shaves, then a hair follicle can get infected, this is called folliculitis. Another possibility is called bartholin abscess, when the glands of the labia (the outer portion of the vagina) get infected. Other infections can also cause this such as staph. Please have a complete gynecological infection to get this checked. If you develop increased pain or fever then you must be seen as an emergency.

In brief: That

That could be several different things.
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham