What size implant is recommended for my a cup breast augmentation? I wear an a cup and want to balance out my larger hips with a larger chest. Should i try out different sizes so that i can decide if a c or d cup is going to be best for me? Do the doctors

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Cup sizes

Cup size is a measurements used for bras it is measured around your back and the widest part of your breasts usually the middle.
You can go to a department store and get sized but this will vary from 1 store to another. Surgeons use exact and precise volume measured in cc. Trying on different sizers is one of the best methods to get an idea of what volume you should get with a surgeons input.

In brief: Cup sizes

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. John Walker
Most surgeons performing breast augmentation surgery offer complimentary consultations. You can get free expert advice in person, as Dr. Placik said. Research who the most recommended Dr's are in your area, and ask them what they think .
Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: You need to be sized

Your plastic surgeon will take measurements to determine what size implant will fit your body appropriately.
You should try placing that size implant into your bra to determine if that size implant produces the look that you want. From there, you may select an implant that is smaller or larger, as desired. http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html.

In brief: You need to be sized

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Cup Size

It will be important to communicate your goals carefully.
In my practice, I use goal pictures to help with this communication process.  i would also suggest that you do not use cup sizes during the communication process or as a measure of the success of the operation. As you know, cup sizes  will vary from one bra manufacturer to another. Best wishes.

In brief: Cup Size

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Chosing Implants

It depends on several features most importantly what you desire and your measurements.
Bring in photos from a plastic surgeon's web site with you to your consultation.

In brief: Chosing Implants

Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Fit the chest

We use implant profile to help keep the implants looking natural on a woman's chest.
There area a variety of profiles which allow us to choose larger implants to get more volume without having the implant extend under a patient's armpit. Discuss your honest goals with your plastic surgeon and you should get the right size.

In brief: Fit the chest

Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Gregory Laurence
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: There

There are so many factors that help to determine the best approach reach your goals.
If a size d cup is appropriate for your skin envelope and your frame, then there is still a reason to consider going to a mid-c to full-c level. All complications are higher for a larger implant: nipple sensitivity changes shifting of implant bottoming-out ptosis (drooping) i have placed a c-cup implant into an 87 pound patient with success, so you may be able to have what you want, but it is always better to be conservative. See a reputable surgeon with an open mind.

In brief: There

Dr. Gregory Laurence
Dr. Gregory Laurence
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I always tell my patients alot depends on what you have to begin with.
You can't put a gallon of milk into a quart container.After i make the pocket i will put in different size implants till i maximize your size but also make you look natural and not overdone.So when i go to the or with a patient i will have 4, 5 or 6 diffreent size implants.

In brief: I

Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck