Can bruxism destroy a crown put in by my dentist recently?

Dr. Gary Lederman
Dentistry

The destruction of natural teeth, gums crowns and other dentistry is a major reason why grinding should be managed.
It to mention muscle soreness or damage to the jaw joints.

Dr. Gary Lederman
Dr. Gary Lederman
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: It certainly can

Bruxism, which is grinding of teeth when asleep, can be described as quite an unpleasant sound.
It can leave teeth worn down and is easily identified by dentists. Sleep studies can reveal muscle activity in the chin and the distinctive noise. Usual treatment is mouth guards that cover the teeth and protect them during sleep periods.

In brief: It certainly can

Dr. Ranji Varghese
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Dr. Ryan Tamburrino
Dentistry - Orthodontics

Depending on the forces and position of the crown, bruxism can do a lot of damage to the teeth and stress the chewing system excessively.
Nightguards, while they won't stop you from grinding, will at least provide protectiion.

Dr. Ryan Tamburrino
Dr. Ryan Tamburrino
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Definitely

I have seen many patients who suffer from bruxism excessively wear down and break not only their own natural teeth and restorations, but also crowns.
I have also seen these excessive forces eventually cause the nerves of teeth become non-vital requiring root canal therapy. Finally, since crowns often wear less than natural teeth, crowned teeth can become sore when chewing. Consider a nightguard.

In brief: Definitely

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Peter Kurzweil