Should i go to e.R. I've been having a dull pain on my left side about 2 and a half inches from my belly button, i constantly feel my side hurting when i walk and if i breathe in deep or out i feel it squeezing, I have never had this type of pain before

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Abdominal

Abdominal pain can be serious, so it is always a good idea to see or call your doctor for instructions on wheter or not you need to be seen in the office or emergency room. All doctors have a 24 hour emergency line.
However i always tell patients if they are in excrutiationg pain they should present to an urgent care or emergency room. Tas far as your question, appendicitis typically causes right lower quadrant abdominal pain, however this is not always true, and may be caus e a more generalized abdominal pain. By the date of this post i hope your symptoms have resolved by now, or you were able to seek care. If not please do so immediately. Good luck.

In brief: Abdominal

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology