Can asthma in a kid lead to sleep apnea?

Not really. Asthma, in children or adults, does not cause sleep apnea, but obstructive sleep apnea can trigger nocturnal asthma attacks. Therefore, any suspicion of osa in an asthmatic patient warrants a thorough work up.
No. Asthma per se does not cause sleep apnea. However obstruction in the upper airways including tonsillar/adenoid enlargement or significant nasal obstruction may.
Yes. Have them check for adenoid and tonsil and possible remove them.
Not usually. Sleep apnea is caused by multiple reasons. Asthma is not one of them.