How can I be tested positive for chlmydia and my boyfriend results is negative but positive for syhilis and I am negative? I got tested for STDs and i was called in because i tested positive for chlmydia, i told my boyfriend and he got tested and his resu

Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Several ways

It's common to find an STD in only one person in a couple.
The tests aren't perfect and could be wrong in one or the other. Most STDs clear up even without treatment, and your bf's chlamydia could have cleared before he was tested. Or he could have been treated but not told you. Syphilis is only transmitted in the early stages; maybe he is beyond that. You both need treatment for both STDs.

In brief: Several ways

Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. H. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: There

There are several different possibilities of how that can happen.
Some times people carry disease, but for some reason it hasn't spread yet to their partner, although it usually eventually will. Also, laboratory swabs and tests are not always perfect, and can be wrong. Both you and your boyfriend should tell your doctor that your partner has these infections, so that you are treated appropriately, as both of these infections can cause long term complications.

In brief: There

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav