My 3 yr old has a fever of 100.8. She has done nothing but sleep. She doesn't have any cold or flu symptoms. What do I do? She has been shivering. I've been giving her tylenol (acetaminophen).

Fevers . Fevers for the most part aren't dangerous and are just the body's natural reaction to fighting off an infection. Most of these infections are viral and may be accompanied by runny nose, sore throat, congestion, mild rash, or nothing at all. Since fevers aren't dangerous, we usually treat the fever with Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen just to make the child more comfortable as their body fights the illness. You can also give them a luke-warm water bath to make them more comfortable and make sure they stay hydrated. "red flags" that we look for with fever to indicate something more serious is going on are: -fevers that last 5 days or more -fevers persistently above 104f orally -a child that acts very sick - very irritable or difficult to wake -difficulty breathing -vomiting, diarrhea, refusal to drink, or dehydration -a purple rash, esp on the legs -stiff neck -any complaints of pain such as the ear, throat, stomach or a joint as always, use your judgement. If you think that your child is ill, err on the side of caution and call your child's doctor.
Could be meningitis. Seek medical eval to insure this is not life threatening.