10 yr old child has stomach pain - said it aches - from belly button upward not sure what to give him

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: There

There are many illnesses - some rare, some common - that can cause pain in this area for a child such as: - gastresophageal reflux disease - gastroenteritis (stomach flu) - gastritis - peptic ulcer disease - pancreatitis - gallbladder disease - constipation - appendicitis - functional abdominal pain and those are just a few of the things that could be causing it! without knowing more information and being able to examine your child, it's hard for me to be able to tell what's going on and how to direct you to treat him. The safest thing to do is to call his doctor. They may want to examine him or ask you a series of questions in order to figure out how serious his stomach pain is and what to do next.

In brief: There

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Cindy Juster