Is it a rash, a tampon issue or an std? I'm 21 and have been experiencing discomfort around my vaginal opening. I recently got off of my period and i noticed the discomfort after i took out my last tampon. There are two lines (straight) that extend out fr

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: It

It sounds like you may be dealing with vaginal trauma.
Is it possible that you could have injured your vagina during intercourse or when inserting tampons? On the other hand if the area feels bumpy then herpes is also a possibility and needs to be ruled out. There are other possibilites as well (bacterial or yeast infection), however a doctor will need to examine you and possibly do some testing to figure out what is going on. Best of luck.

In brief: It

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Yeast infection also is always a consideration for genital irritation, especially if itchy. But since you mention STDs, they must be on your mind, suggesting you might be at risk. This is not a typical STD symptom, but still it might make sense to be tested for common STDs.
Dr. Jane Van Dis