My boyfriend and i had unprotected sex. He didn't cum inside me. Could i be pregnant? Im on the pill but on the placebo week i started the placebos on sunday night we had unprotected sex monday but he didn't cum inside me. I got my period on the scheduled

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: If

If you take the pill every day at the same time every day as instructed, then you have a 99% chance of not getting pregnant regardless of what time of month you have sex.
The placebo week just causes the drop in hormones you would usually have without the pill in order for you to have a period. You are still protected from pregnancy during this time. Since you also had your period on your regularly scheduled day, it makes it extremely unlikely you could be pregnant. If you still or unsure or concerned, you can call your doctor or take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 6 weeks since your last normal period. Just as an aside, "pulling out" is not an effective form of contraception because men will release some sperm along with other fluids during sex, but before orgasm. The only form of birth control that also helps protect against sexually transmitted diseases (stds) is the condom. The pill will not protect you from stds, just pregnancy.

In brief: If

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy