What is the ideal temperature for a hot tub? My thermostate runs from 82-104. My friend says it should be set at 104 for to keep it clean, but i think that's danagerous for my health. Please clarify this matter for us.

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc

In brief: Common sense

Probably not the right forum, but you are presenting a question that will need goals prioritized and clarified.
The technical book or the manufacturer should give you a range of safe temperatures, everything else remains a matter of beliefs and choice for you. Would suggest in the recommended range the temperature that works best for you.

In brief: Common sense

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: The

The thermostat you are running it at is appropriate.
Too warm can cause patients to feel light--headed or pass out. Warm water can grow bacteria, but typical cleaning/chlorine that you perform for hot tub maintenance will take care of that.

In brief: The

Dr. Eric Weisman