Is it normal to have a period for a month or longer while taking the Depo-Provera birth control shot? My period goes from heavy to spotting this brown colored blood to nothing. This is my second birth control shot.

It . It is normal to have prolonged bleeding (a continuous period) and spotting in the first few months you are on the depo-provera shot. However, if you feel like your bleeding is excessive or if you are concerned you should contact your doctor. Below, i've linked to a website that can give you more in-depth information on the depo shot.