Is it okay to have a period for longer than a month while taking the Depo-Provera birth control shot? I got my shot on the 14th of october I started my period that night and my period is still, going my period goes from heavy to just spotting to nothing m

Ask your doctor. Many options will make it more likely not to have bleeding, but most take time to work, and aren't guaranteed--often women have irregular unpredictable bleeding for awhile--often the first 1-6 months: the shot--depo provera--50% no periods after a year; take a multi-vitamin with iron, and chart your bleeding. Talk with your doctor if the bleeding continues.
It . It is normal to have prolonged bleeding (a continuous period) and spotting in the first few months you are on the depo-provera shot. However, if you feel like your bleeding is excessive or if you are concerned you should contact your doctor. Below, i've linked to a website that can give you more in-depth information on the depo shot.